The Firefox Accounts team is looking for a passionate & experienced engineer to help design, build, & maintain our scalable, high availability systems. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of implementation, as well as collaborating with the product, design, QA, & data analysis teams to figure out the best way to expand our capabilities.
Firefox Accounts has millions of users around the globe & powers many of the services at Mozilla. We have ambitious goals & plenty of enthusiasm - come work with us & make an impact.
What you'll do:
- Write clean, performant, open source, & standards compliant code
- Review code from other team members (as well as get your own code reviewed)
- Maintain effective unit tests & documentation
- Participate in stand-ups, bug triages, retrospectives, & other team meetings
- Make accurate estimates for upcoming work, communicate technical solutions effectively, & report progress
- Work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, & engage with Mozillas global community
- Be an advocate for the web
What we're looking for:
- You enjoy working the full stack front to back, inside & out.
- You possess a deep understanding of web technologies (JS, CSS, DOM, HTML)
- You have at least 3 years developing & maintaining robust web products
- You uphold standards for quality & performance by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating tests, & maintaining documentation
We value a variety of voices. You don't need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Experience integrating with payment gateways; International payments a plus
- Experience scaling a platform to millions of users.
- Are comfortable working in a diverse community spanning many regions & timezones
- Experience working with open source projects & collaboration tools
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.