PDT Partners is looking for a highly collaborative Security Analyst to enhance our security program through gathering, analyzing, & acting on security incident & event management (Splunk SIEM) signals. This is a great opportunity for an experienced blue team security specialist to contribute significantly to our global hedge fund business as part of our Information Security Team in New York City.
As a member of the Information Security Team, you will provide expert guidance on security monitoring, incident response, & cyber threat intelligence. In addition, you will help to mature our detection & response efforts using a wide variety of methods & tools. Our ideal candidate is hands-on & very technical, passionate about emerging threats, & building appropriate detection use-cases. Someone with very high attention to detail & strong security operational skills, who is also interested in contributing to our overall information security program.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-eight-year track record & a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the worldmeasured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDTs extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional, & our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, & diverse.
- Manage the triage analysis & verification of security threats reported by Splunk.
- Perform data analysis, aggregation, & event correlation.
- Build & improve custom signatures, searches, alerts, & dashboards in Splunk focused on improving security threat visibility.
- Perform incident response & technical analysis for forensic investigations.
- Identify & close detection gaps to improve our security posture.
Below, you'll find a list of skills & experiences we think are relevant. Even if you dont think youre a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in cyber defense, security operations, and/or incident response.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience & knowledge in using Splunk as a SIEM.
- Passion for learning about adversary tactics, techniques, & procedures (TTP) & interest in creating innovative detection techniques.
- Experience with scripting & automation.
- Technical skills in, or exposure to, a wide variety of threat detection & response tools.
- Security Operations Center (SOC) experience is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.