BetterCloud is the first SaaS Application Management & Security Platform, enabling IT to centralize, orchestrate, & operationalize day-to-day administration & control for SaaS applications. Every day, thousands of customers rely on BetterCloud to centralize data & controls, surface operational intelligence, enforce complex security policies, & delegate custom administrator privileges across SaaS applications.
We are a high energy, high growth startup, that is seeking a hard-working, organized resource to join our People & Culture team in NYC. Our Director of People & Culture will be the go-to business partner for department leaders in NY & SF in a variety of areas including communications, employee relations, performance management, resource management, team & individual development, practice/policy interpretation & application, & other management challenges. We need adaptable, self-motivated people who have strong critical thinking skills. We want someone who cares a lot about culture & the people that form it, & will ensure we are maintaining & improving the elements that makes BetterCloud special as we grow.
- 5-7 years of Human Resources Generalist experience
- Experience in managing multi-state employee populations particularly with California is highly desired
- Functional experience in employee relations, benefits, compensation, performance management, & recruitment along with a strong familiarity with employment laws & regulations
- Bachelors degree or PHR or SPHR/SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or equivalent certification desired
- Strong analytical skills, including reporting, synthesizing data to identify themes & create solutions to address those issues
- Successful track record of building & maintaining strong relationships & being a trusted advisor at all levels of the organization
- A belief in the power of a diverse workforce & a track record of ensuring an organization has a diverse & inclusive culture.
- Ability to be instinctive enough to jump on critical business issues & opportunities when you see them, scrappy enough to get operational items resolved, & savvy enough to work with all levels in a matrixed environment
- Effectively copes with change, shift gears comfortably, & can decide & act without having the total picture
- Self-starter with high intellect, good communication skills, interpersonal skills, & strong organizational & time-management skills in order to prioritize competing, multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent presentation skills
- Formulate partnerships across the organization to drive the value of HR to leaders in an effort to help achieve the business objectives of the organization.
- Coach department leads to create & maintain a work environment with high morale, empathy, & productivity.
- Work with other Chief People Officer to develop, iterate, & execute a people strategy with your client group
- Collaborate with HR Team to manage company-wide people programs including benefits administration, succession planning, talent planning, & learning & development
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance (coaching, counseling, career development, conflict management, disciplinary actions).
- Help to elevate leadership capacity by truly understanding needs & perspectives.
- Build strong, respectful relationships, & overcome obstacles with fortitude.
- Influence the right outcomes for the business grounded in data, helping to elevate BetterClouds employment brand & distinct culture.
- Work closely with our Talent Acquisition team to ensure recruitment & HR for the client group are coordinated & successful.
- Conduct employee relations investigations; proactively manage legal risk; ensure manager & employee compliance with company guidelines & governmental regulations.
- Proactively respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: benefits, employee relations, & company guidelines.
- Assist in new hire orientations & the onboarding of new hires.
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets.