Quality Engineer (QE)
Ensure high quality & timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective & ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Strives to understand complex system interactions & dependencies that can cause quality issues & ensures engineers account for them in their design & testing. Analyzes mistakes & helps ensure they do not recur.
- Manually test & troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions including functional, integration, end-to-end, performance & security across the web & mobile platforms across all technology layers of the product.
- Support existing features by performing regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Perform analysis, research, & troubleshooting of software defects & aid in the documentation of defects & anomalies.
- Build, maintain & improve test artifacts for rapid & efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Work with other scrum team members to define & review Acceptance Criteria.
- Participate in critical release activities for all platforms.
- Ensure complete & timely reporting of bugs & test results.
- Write complete & concise software defects with all necessary supporting information.
- Participates in release management activities.
Preferred Experience Level: Entry level position, any related experience is a plus
Education: B.S. degree in an Engineering field or demonstrated aptitude for technology