Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, & other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, & action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, & Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, & increase sales.
We are currently seeking a Senior Art Director to join our Marketing Team in New York City. The Senior Art Director is second-in-command to the Creative Director & will assist in leading & mentoring a small but growing team of creatives while also being a strong & multi-disciplined individual contributor.
A portfolio link is required with all applications, & please be sure to verify that you meet all requirements before applying.
Who You Are
First & foremost you are a problem-solver, both as a designer & as a manager. Youre a passionate aesthete whose skills dont fit neatly into a box. Your right brain loves creativity & design in all of its forms, while your left brain loves finding simple solutions to complex challenges in both the digital & real-world end-user experience. You are a rising star in your field, a true multidisciplinary creative who thrives on achieving tangible results both as an individual contributor & as a senior team member.
You create art for work. You create art for pleasure. You have crafted pixel-perfect user interfaces for websites & digital communications that have produced measurable results, you have used stunning typography to create small & large-format visual experiences in the real world, & you have harnessed your creative vision to direct photographers & videographers to produce world-class content.
You are a rock-solid Art Director & people manager, but you dont stop there. You have a passion for digging deeper into new technologies & industry trends, & can offer ideas for new & creative applications of Yexts content & thought leadership.
Who We Are
Were a small & passionate Creative Studio within the Marketing team of a fast-paced, innovative technology company. Our challenge is the ultimate marketing challenge marketing to marketers. We work tirelessly to improve the manner in which our content, websites, thought leadership, blogs, print materials, direct mail, social media, & video content introduce customers, prospects, partners, & talent to Yexts products, services, & culture.
If you relish the opportunity to join that kind of team, we need to talk.
- Serve as second-in-command to the VP, Creative Director
- Assist in leading & mentoring a group of creatives that include traditional & digital designers, & videographers
- Contribute to Yexts overall brand vision & strategy
- Create & implement branding systems for Yexts sub-brands, events, & products
- Design pixel-perfect digital & printed collateral such as user interfaces, landing pages, emails, marketing documents, thought leadership publications, event signage, & premiums for the Yext Digital & Creative Services Team
- Drive innovation & differentiation of the Yext brand
- Continually look for ways to optimize design & workflows to improve performance & results
- An energetic, flexible, & approachable work style
- 7+ years creative experience at a marketing tech company, digital agency or client-side creative group.
- 2+ years management experience
- Extraordinary design & typography skills with an eye to building flexible branding systems
- Proven experience both digital UX & traditional print design as well as video & photo production
- Expert knowledge of creative process, the Adobe Creative Suite, & design tools including Powerpoint, & Sketch
- BA or advanced degree in Visual Design or relative practical/technical experience
- Ability to juggle multiple projects & competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to iterate designs & solutions efficiently & intelligently
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, & organized
- Excellent leadership, communication, & teamwork skills
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo & the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.