HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are:
HomeLight is seeking a Property Analyst to join the Cash Close team to help qualify properties. You have experience reviewing properties & determining their physical & legal condition. You are systematic, logical & have a gut sense of what property conditions are adverse or desirable. You understand how property repairs are calculated or have experience estimating repairs. You were a draw analyst, a listing assistant or have hand on experience with property repairs.
What Youll Do Here:
The Cash Close Property Analysts primary function is to mitigate risk for both HomeLight & its investors by ensuring we purchase properties in a desirable condition. Youll determine property eligibility for Cash Close through review of property inspection, legal documents, & public information. You will communicate findings to our internal teams via statements of work & property condition summaries.
- Order & review title reports, communicate liens or adverse findings
- Review property disclosures & HOA documents to determine program eligibility
- Review home, termite, sewer, radon & foundation inspections to determine the overall condition of a property
- Create statements of work based on repair estimates
- Provide property condition summaries so that the property condition can be reviewed holistically
- Continue developing processes & procedures & HomeLight scales.
- Experience reviewing a variety of residential property inspection types
- Understand the general components of a property & its major systems
- You know how to research & calculate repair costs
- Ability to follow documented process & notice when procedures can be improved
- Experience in a startup environment of face paced environment
- Go getter attitude about finding information that you need or dont know
- Ability to provide a professional opinion about your analysis
- Prior experience in residential real estate
- Experience with google apps, slack & ability to learn internal systems quickly