As the East Coast Senior LP Manger of Retail & Sales you will report into the Director of Loss Prevention. You are a creative self-starter who can work independently & with cross-functional teams, developing innovative solutions that ensure the integrity of the loss prevention function. You will design, develop, & implement different loss prevention strategies. Be a key partner in our rapid retail expansion growth & own all things related to loss prevention with each location. With your previous experience in loss prevention, you possess hands-on ability to own projects relating to internal/external theft, inventory control, people development, process improvement, weekly inventory reconciliation, & relationship building. This role will be based in the New York, NY market & requires the ability to travel to other retail & sales offices in their designated region.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Build a team of Loss Prevention experts that are strong partners to the total TRR organization
- Manage the Loss Prevention programs for multiple TRR retail & LCO locations
- Partner cross functionally with the Retail & Sales organization to drive Loss Prevention controls and
- Build out the Loss Prevention programs for all new retail & LCO locations on the East Coast
- Ownership of CCTV, alarm, access control, & EAS systems for all retail & LCO locations
- Manage security install vendor relationships in new TRR locations in assigned region & make sure all
budgets & timelines are met
- Drive strong shrink results & inventory accountability in respective locations
- Conduct both internal / external theft investigations in respective locations
- Drive monthly Loss Prevention audit programs
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of experience in a multi-store Loss Prevention Manager type of role.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience leading & managing a team
- Wicklander & Zulawski interview technique certification
- 5+ years of experience with CCTV & access control systems
- Experience with Genetec, Looker, & G-Suite systems highly preferred
- Exceptional talent development, team building, & communication skills highly preferred
- Ability to work nights & weekends as needed to support retail events
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to support retail & LCO locations
- Previous experience in luxury retail environments highly preferred
- Ability to multitask several high priority projects at once
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & be a self starter
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service & direct shipping for individual consignors & estates. At our stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Newport Beach, Palo Alto & San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, & meet with our experts. At our 13 Luxury Consignment Offices, eight of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 & listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.