WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Aprons Analytics & Business Insights team develops critical metrics & actionable insights on our rapidly expanding customer base & the broader meal kit marketplace. This team also powers business decisions around complex supply chain & logistical challenges.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
The Senior Data Analyst will drive efforts to iteratively improve Blue Aprons growth & retention strategies. This will include efforts to size risk & opportunity, diligently test new strategies, understand & improve attribution & payback models, create tools & dashboards for business partners, & work directly with senior management to implement new strategies.
Candidates will be motivated self-starters who are comfortable navigating large datasets, building and/or interpreting predictive models, partnering with technical teams building digital product, & understanding customer demand signals. They will be intimately familiar with survey & A/B testing methodology & interpretation. They will be comfortable presenting findings through both verbal & written formats. Candidates will feel confident in their abilities to influence decision making at the highest levels, understand requirements in working with cross functional teams, & be confident in presenting to individuals of all levels throughout the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- A/B testing strategies
- Support company executives in understanding, forecasting, & managing demand in an emerging industry
- Improving Blue Aprons testing environment while supporting an aggressive marketing roadmap
- Identify, prioritize, structure, & analyze ad hoc analyses about the businesss demand, customers, marketing efficacy, & business operations to answer questions & integrate insights into the forecasting process
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, & presentation skills with experience communicating on an executive level
- A deep understanding of A/B testing methodologies, & forecasting
- Interest & experience in communicating advanced analytics concepts to non-technical executives
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, & data cleansing/transformation
- Experience with predictive modeling & demand forecasting, demonstrating knowledge of multiple statistical methodologies as well as an understanding of financial & operational impacts of the forecast
- Coding skills, including:
- Advanced data manipulation skills in SQL
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SQL) a plus
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Looker)
- Demonstrated ability to multitask & prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, & constantly evolving environment