Have you ever wanted to intern inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
Were looking for a diverse set of software engineering interns to join our team this summer! We want our interns to get a hands-on understanding of the different types of problems were solving & work on projects that excite them. Our hope is that this is the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship: we invest time in teaching, training, & mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, & new approaches to our technical challenges.
We want an intern who is passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
DigitalOceans PaaS organization enables customers to easily build highly scalable creative applications & services on our cloud platform. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our intuitively simple design, easily configurable infrastructure, & community tutorials that help them craft & run their software in the cloud.
As an engineer on the DigitalOcean Marketplace team, you will be responsible for continuing to build out the DigitalOcean Marketplace platform. Youll be a member of a team building an ecosystem of solutions with trusted partners to enable developers to design, build, deploy, & scale their ideas.
What Youll Do:
- Optimizing Marketplace Kubernetes integrations to improve the user experience.
- Develop services in Go taking into account testing, CI/CD, logging, monitoring, & alerting.
- Interface with data stores & APIs to collect needed metrics for automated metrics.
- Completing a summer project during your 8-10 weeks, which will culminate in a final presentation during our annual Shark Week.
- Attend optional DO-sponsored events, from brown bag lunch talks (our Munch & Learns), social events (think team dinners, baseball games, sightseeing, & more) to our ongoing series of guest speakers, sponsored meetups, & other programming.
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience with Go, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Experience with API development & interactions with data stores such as MySQL.
- Passion for shipping well-engineered & tested code.
- Strong analytical, communication, & organizational skills.
- A strong interest in building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company & excitement to use our products in your projects (if you havent already!)
Why Youll Like Being An Intern At DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to be an intern here, & we promise youll get even better.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.