The Executive Assistant, Sales & Marketing is a dual-responsibility role supporting the SVP, Sales & Distribution & the SVP, Marketing & Creative. The Executive Assistant will also support operational functions for both departments.
Candidates should note that this is a very unique role with the ability to learn the media landscape.
Executive Assistants responsibilities for SVP, Sales & Distribution & SVP, Marketing & Creative (Executive Assistant):
- Provide professional, confidential & administrative support to SVPs & other team members of the Marketing, Sales & Distribution group when needed.
- Schedule all meetings & calls (when calls feature other departments of the company, work with various assistants to coordinate schedules to accommodate).
- Manage standing meetings the include the SVP, Sales & Distribution or SVP, Marketing
- Manage preparation for internal & external appointments including conference calls & circulating schedules/ agendas.
- Submit monthly expense reports & track receipts.
- Book travel, accommodations, meals & coordinate lunch orders.
- Coordinate team meetings & events (off-sites, etc).
- Assist with managing workflow.
- Assist with special projects where necessary (secondary research, mailings).
- File, research, & manage other general administrative duties.
- Maintain certain project grids.
- Manage meeting follow-up. This include taking notes in certain meetings & making sure all attendees are aware of & complete necessary next steps
Executive Assistants Operations responsibilities:
- Manage meeting follow-up. This includes taking notes in all department meetings & making sure attendees are aware of & complete necessary next steps.
- Aid in planning & tracking department wide travel & event attendance including booking travel for Topic team members in those cases.
- Member of marketing & creative team opportunities to contribute creative input
Background + Qualifications:
- College graduate with 2 years administrative experience, preferably in the entertainment industry
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills; able to anticipate needs & be proactive
- Should have strong communication & interpersonal skills; comfortable & efficient in team environment
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced start-up setting
- Hardworking, creative, & professional, with unflinching attention to detail
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand & entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture.
From Academy Award-winning films to television, audio & digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction & nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach challenging, compelling & unconventional reflects our commitment to discovering & amplifying independent new voices, & supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism & documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, & Field of Vision, & plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.