Sales Engineer (Solutions Consultant)
As a Sales Engineer, you will actively drive & manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser & product advocate. Using technical creativity & business acumen, you will illustrate the value that Appians platform can provide. You must be able to engage & articulate product positioning to both business & technical users in competitive scenarios. You will also rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
What you'll be doing
- Partner with Account Executives to achieve defined sales goals
- Lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns
- Assist in the production of RFPs & other proposals to clients
- Propose technical & creative business solutions in support of sales activities
- Design & deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers
- Present technical & business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience
- Represent Appians product to customers & at field events such as conferences, summits, seminars, etc.
- Assist with the radiation strategy within the target accounts by building customer relationships
- Manage target accounts that may span multiple Account Executives
- Work with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Strong experience as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing & involves sales scenarios - Able to do custom POCs & demos
- Ability to strategically problem solve by thinking outside of the box is required daily
- Technical depth to respond to all functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Familiarity with Business Process Management Platforms, Low Code Platforms, or Application Development Platforms is a plus
- Recent experience programming within a modern web or enterprise development systems
- Familiarity in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, & system design
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.