BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Our 2021 summer internship program is now taking applicants. We offer a 12 week session starting in June, designed for the next generation of software engineers eager to gain experience building real world software & products. You will help us build new products, new features for existing products, web apps, dashboards & internal tools for all BuzzFeeders. You will work closely with other teams within Tech including Product, Design, & Data Science to deliver products & content that help connect people all over the world!
Things are going to be a little different this year. Due to the pandemic, the internship will be entirely remote. We have adjusted our program to meet this change & are confident it will be a great experience for our interns.
Meet previous years interns & read about their experiences here!
- You have a real love of technology & the web.
- You want to build cool things.
- Youre proactive with solving problems.
- Youve already mastered a couple of languages & can show us some problems youve solved in those spaces.
- You are a student in a college/university degree program at the time of the internship program or student/recent grad from a coding bootcamp or training program
During your internship you will be exposed to BuzzFeeds Tech Stack
Note that were not expecting you to know all about all of the technologies below before you start your internship. Instead we just want to give you a taste of what you could be learning in your time here.
- Python, Go, Node.js
- AWS, GCP
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Source Control (Git, Github)
- Databases (MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, BigQuery, ElasticSearch)
- Infrastructure Tools (Docker, ECS, Terraform)
- Messaging systems (NSQ)
- Monitoring / Instrumentation (Nagios, DataDog, Sentry)
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Ad Server - DFP for Publishers
NOTE: Non students & new grads may be considered. But, you would be titled as a Fellow & not an Intern. The experience for both Fellows & Interns will be similar.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed:
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Youll be paid fairly, inline with tech industry standards
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.