At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role:
We are seeking a Logistics Operations Manager to lead a variety of Logistics & Warehouse initiatives within Cloudflare. The focus will be on driving operational excellence across the Supply Chain, implementing & maintaining procedures in collaboration with the internal customer & partners, as well as external vendors in the EMEIA (Europe, Middle-East, India, Africa) or APAC (Asia Pacific) region.
- Responsible for logistics operations management & oversight of warehouse & transportation activities, including KPI carrier/vendor management, milestone tracking & issue resolution.
- Act as the main escalation point for all regional supply chain operations related issues, & ensure close collaboration with internal cross-functional teams, & local teams for supply chain operations.
- Closely collaborate with the International Trade Compliance Manager to implement metrics & develop trade & logistics processes in support of supply chain operations in the EMEIA or APAC region.
- Lead all aspects of logistics operations, including the introduction & enhancement of supplier performance scorecards, relevant quality standards, SLAs, Key Performance Indicators, & SOWs & ensure all established cost, quality, & delivery commitments are met.
- Drive continuous improvement & issue resolution management in the transportation network, including carrier accountability & overall delivery efficiencies through ongoing supply chain initiatives.
- Identify enhancement & automation opportunities to introduce new & leverage existing operational procedures to increase productivity & efficiency.
- Drive root cause analysis of issues & implementation of corrective actions, & facilitate the resolution of escalated vendor-related issues. Introduce & manage carrier & vendor scorecards on a regular cadence.
- Drive logistics initiatives from concept through program completion within time, cost, & quality constraints. Lead cross-functional team meetings, drive communication & decision making & ensure alignment with internal & external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a matrix organization & to program manage multiple organizational interfaces & stakeholders.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- Works with cross functional internal stakeholders to resolve operations/transactional issues: Network Strategy, Hardware, Compliance, Security, Data Center Operations, Procurement & external stakeholders, across multiple Cloudflare locations to drive & deliver exceptional service, ensuring supply chain operations.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, & experience:
- MBA or Masters degree in Operations / Materials Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education & experience.
- 5+ years of experience directly managing global logistic activities, & outsourced logistics functions.
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to manage priorities & tight deadlines in a fast-paced & ambiguous environment.
- Complex knowledge & deep understanding of logistics & distribution operations, including outside carriers & outsourced networks.
- Solid experience with vendor management & stakeholder management.
- Ability to handle situations with internal & external stakeholders when projects experience issues & challenges impacting timelines to minimize the overall effect.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively & efficiently in a global fragmented environment.
- Highly organized. Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Results driven & detail oriented, especially in regards to program progression.
- Experience with TMS, WMS, operations management systems, JIRA is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of economic impacts on Logistics cost & performance, forecasting, & risk profile modeling.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.