Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About this Position:
The IT Systems Administrator is part of the Foursquare Corporate IT team inside Engineering/infrastructure umbrella, & the entire company is our customer. Our team must possess the ability to balance multiple priorities in a high pressure environment, all while keeping diplomatic, calm, & focused. We recognize that the business doesnt operate smoothly when IT systems are not working as expected. We take ownership when these systems fail, & we never turn away a call for help. Our team has a high level of self-motivated initiative, always looking for improved ways to support the businesss operational efficiency.
As a member of the IT team, your focus will be the design, implementation, & support of Foursquares enterprise systems; developing automation, efficiency, scalability, & maintainability in all of them. Youll work closely with peers in NYC, Chicago, & San Francisco, & Los Angeles to keep the IT products we build & support healthy.
- Architect, develop, test, & support services, integrations, audits, & automations among key IT systems most of which are SaaS.
- Proactively monitor & assess SaaS system stack for utilization, capacity, & functionality, & provide timely response & resolution to system-generated alerts.
- Create & maintain documentation about corporate systems, policies & procedures.
- Collaborate with other Operations teams & Engineering teams on projects & incidents.
- Be a technical leader & valued contributor in a high-achieving IT environment. This means mentoring others, setting the standard for excellence, & also identifying the resources you need to continue your own personal development.
- 4+ years of experience in IT Systems Engineering (SaaS experience preferred)
- Experience with G-Suite Enterprise
- Demonstrated history configuring & administering IAM/iDP SSO systems (Jumpcloud or Okta or OneLogin all qualify).
- Demonstrated abilities in Python or other scripting & automation languages.
- Familiarity with macOS, Linux/Unix & Windows platforms
- Demonstrated ability to orchestrate SaaS applications to achieve various automations & outcomes
- Intermediate knowledge of networking concepts, infrastructure topology & architecture, performance engineering, scalability & system engineering
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers.
- Experience working across several teams (technical & non-technical)
Nice to have:
- Experience with BetterCloud
- Atlassian products - Confluence, Jira, ServiceDesk
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.