BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
Buzzfeed is searching for a developing leader to the aid in the creation of forward looking thought leadership & audience research. You will collaborate with internal brands & external stakeholders to develop actionable insights that speak to the core of opinion & thought from our myriad audiences. You are a voracious consumer of strategy & insight, culture & media, & delight in weaving disparate inputs into synthesized narratives & learnings. You have experience in research methodologies but look beyond the standards to define & further new insight pathologies in both creative & strategic ways. You can balance overseeing work of freelance & full-time employees while being able to present to & work with executives at BuzzFeed & external clients/partners. You will report to the SVP, Insights & Innovation.
- Lead all BuzzFeed & Collectives creative, business & long-range strategy efforts from methodological design, turning results & insights into content, Collectives brand identity, development of new monetizable research products, & all creative output.
- Report to the SVP of Insights & Innovation who leads Buzzfeeds research frameworks, deployment, intake/data analytics, GTM & and P&L youll set Collectives vision & agenda; & are an internal & external voice for Collective & BuzzFeeds industry-leading youth research efforts
- Proactively develop & manage Collectives daily business & content strategy; focusing on creating, delivering on & optimizing its content roadmap; new products & partnerships; & Collectives unique value proposition that will continue to turn it into a profit-center & industry-leading research solution
- Act as the primary PoC to BuzzFeeds Sales leads to promote Collectives product offerings & research opportunities, support client opportunities, & work with Product Marketing Strategy team to productize Collective for Sales/market rollout
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing leadership to identify whitespaces or business issues that can be solved by, or informed by, Collective insights
- Become an internal Collective business partner for departments that can be better informed by Collectives qualitative insights; including, but not limited to Content, Sales, Marketing, & Climate
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field required.
- 3+ years of strategy, marketing, editorial or comparable creative experience
- Experience with Keynote, Powerpoint & Google Slides skills
- Project management record
- Well-versed in digital, social media, & experiential marketing
- Research skills with the ability to develop insights backed by data
- Passion for lifestyle markets, including fashion, music, sports, gaming, & pop culture.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.