Vimeo is looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to join our ML Research team. Vimeos platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, & video enthusiasts around the globe.
The Machine Learning Research team at Vimeo is focused on developing, deploying, & maintaining machine learning models to help support & enhance the capabilities of various teams across Vimeo. Whether its targeting users for marketing, improving quality-of-experience in playback, or enabling visual classification of all videos at Vimeo, the Machine
Learning Research team has a wide selection of projects in its future. By applying open-source solutions, or experimenting with creating our own, were focused on deploying the latest & greatest in ML across the stack.
What youll do:
- Design & build MLOps systems, including data pipelines & production-level machine learning (ML) infrastructure,
- using tools such as Kubeflow Pipelines, Apache Beam, TensorFlow, Kubernetes, TFX. Leverage your experience to
- drive best practices in ML systems & data engineering.
- Bring ML research from Notebooks to production. Deploy ML models under the constraints of scalability, correctness,
- and maintainability, with hardware acceleration techniques. Optimize & give feedback to research-level models to
- bring them to production level.
- Collaborate with cross functional agile teams of machine learning engineers, video engineers, data engineers, and
- others, in building machine learning infrastructure that best supports the ML needs at Vimeo.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 3+ years of machine learning product development experience, using state-of-the-art tooling & have a deep understanding of the best practices for ML systems.
- Fluency in using a neural network framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, Theano, or MXNet
- Ability to architect data pipelines using tools like Apache Beam or Spark. You have experience with setting organization wide best practices for data.
- Ability to build APIs & libraries for Java, Scala or Python.
- Concern for agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, & responsible experimentation.
- A keen interest in studying the latest publications in the machine learning community.
- Skilled communication & a proven record of leading work across disciplines.
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Experience with data processing & storage frameworks like Google Cloud Dataflow, Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with developing insights & models using unstructured data (like clickstreams), experience with search & recommendation systems (learn-to-rank, collaborative filtering, NLP for search, etc.), scaling Computer Vision models
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs