WorldRemit -if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech start-up taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards & more than $140m in funding. Ok... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family & friends. We're leading an online revolution & laying to rest old-fashioned money transfers.
The WorldRemit Office in Krakw is currently growing & we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer, who will be required to help support the continued growth of WorldRemit aligned with our strategic business goals & objectives.
Your role is to help support the continued growth of the business aligned with our business goals & objectives. Your main responsibilities will be a combination between daily Infrastructure BAU & a wide range of Infrastructure projects & challenges which are on the horizon, you'll be contributing to our successful journey, reporting into local IT Manager & our CIO.
You'll be involved in mainly project work surrounding the maintenance, expansion & planning of our core internal infrastructure. Focus of the role will be on the virtualized server & network environment on a global scale across our multiple locations.
To keep the business powering forward at times we need to all pitch in together to resolve customer tickets & there is an expectation that you will support the service desk team for escalations & occasionally with tickets when workload peaks.
About The Team:
The Infrastructure Engineer position is based in Poland, Krakw & is an important part of an expanding Global Corporate IT team. The Corp IT team currently consist of sub two teams; Service Desk Engineers based in Krakw, London, Denver, Cebu City whose skillsets & experience vary from 1st-2nd line support & AV support. Infrastructure Engineers who are responsible for core Infrastructure across all WorldRemit locations. This position will be working as part of a newly formed Corp IT team primarily responsible for supporting WorldRemits Poland office.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be working with a team of 5-6 Infrastructure Engineers, most of which are based in other geographical locations (UK, US & PHP). The successful candidate will be reporting into the IT Manager based in Poland.
What we're looking for:
- The ability to manage infrastructure projects autonomously, liaising with external vendors, producing or validating designs & bills of materials
- Pragmatic, outcome & solution focused
- Experience with:
- TCP/IP stacks applied to LAN/WAN environment
- Windows Server 2012 (And newer) administration skills
- Active Directory management & maintenance
- VMware & virtualisation
- Desktop automation & administration (e.g. PDQ Deploy or SCCM)
- Scripting (PowerShell) & automation of sys-admin tasks
- Cisco technologies & IOS (ASA firewall, Catalyst switches/stack)
- Exposure to security probes & concepts of environments hardening
- Office 365 administrative tasks
- GSuite administrative tasks
- Okta management & integration
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Focus on infrastructure availability & redundancy
- Experience of working with Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud would be an advantage
- Desired certification in one or more of the following MCSE / CCNA / CCNP / Other relevant technical certifications
Who we are:
Were changing the way people send money abroad. Were taking something complicated & making it simple. Our people & our technology work together to create faster, easier & lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 145 countries around the world & have over 3 million happy customers a number thats growing every day. After all, 125,000 5 reviews cant be wrong!
We believe in helping our customers hard work go further. Weve helped millions of children to go to school, helped thousands of people to receive medical treatment and, every week, we help tens of thousands of people to pay their bills. But most importantly, we do it all with the creativity, imagination & colourful spirit of our customers.
The work were doing is making a splash in the fintech industry too. Accel Partners & Technology Crossover Ventures have invested $140 million in us & as early backers of the likes of Facebook, Spotify & Netflix, we know were in good company! Not only that, but were also a member of TechCity UKs prestigious FutureFifty.
Changing the world isnt easy, but were hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems & have the drive to make things happen, you might just be what were looking for.