In this role, you will be responsible for leading & executing supplier quality program (supplier development & supplier quality assurance) for mechanical parts across Magic Leap products. In this highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the quality for one of the most innovative product designs in the world today in a cosmetically demanding environment. Strong technical leadership, project management, & organizational skills are essential to succeed in this role.
- Apply solid understanding of quality control & manufacturing concepts to develop specific PQPs for mechanical commodities.
- Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for mechanical commodities, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations.
- Establish audit procedures appropriate to program & supplier to ensure adherence to high quality standards.
- Develop & Implement FAI, PPAP, & Cp/Cpk reviews of mechanical parts.
- Assuring supplier understanding & compliance with APQP processes & PPAP submission & approval requirements. Implementing & monitoring supplier part qualification & certification processes.
- Work with commodity sourcing managers, reliability engineers, & suppliers quality engineers to ensure part quality & reliability.
- Implement systems & processes to quickly identify root cause & corrective actions for mechanical commodities.
- Interface with internal & external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations & that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the mechanical commodities.
- Assess measurability & creatively address concerns directly with stakeholders. Identify & direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate.
- Assess supplier production control & quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, & directly secure agreement to correct.
- Evaluate adherence to PQP at all development & qualification stages.
- Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, & audits.
- Prepare summary of performance & communicate to appropriate management to ensure effective corrective action plans can be promptly executed.
- Managing cross-functionally with many different teams to resolve quality escalations.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering. MS preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience working in consumer electronics. International experience, particularly in Asia is required.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, & driving corrective actions & failure analysis efforts.
- Experience with mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding in high volume quality manufacturing engineering for consumer electronics product.
- Expertise in optical inspection/metrology, laser triangulation, & defect detection.
- Experience with digital imaging, camera system, & image processing is a definite plus.
- Experience with 2D/3D triangulation laser system & CCD inspection system such as Keyence, Cognex and/or Visco
- Proficient in print reading & interpretation, part measurement, gage design & function.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geometric design & tolerancing (GD&T).
- Familiar with mechanical metrology system qualification process, such as GRR, Correlation, Stability & Reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate quality problems & to apply sound technical judgment to develop potential solutions.
- Project management experience & a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis & statistical process control principles required.
- Experienced in managing product & process non-conformance: MRB, CAR, 8D & RMAs, failure analysis & reporting.
- Application of PFMEA (Failure Modes & Effects Analysis) & DOE (Design of Experiments)
- Experience of developing new suppliers. Experience in managing multiple sources.
- Dynamic & can do attitude engineer with the desire to work with a great team & product
- Excellent written, presentation & interpersonal skills are required
- This position can require up to 30%+ domestic/international travel, with some trips lasting up to three weeks in duration.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.