Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Manager to join our P&L team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
The Market P+L teams manage the growth & business economics of their regions. The team grows a set of relationships across our network of health systems, providers, & other healthcare organizations. The team strives to improve Oscars system, facility, & provider agreements, infrastructures, & relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
Within the P&L group, the Ancillary Provider team develops strategies, manages relationships, leads programs, & executes agreements with national providers across multiple clinical categories & products (MA, individual, small group).
You will report into the Associate Director, Market P&L.
You will develop programs for a group of ancillary provider categories & manage relationships with provider partners.
You will be required to:
- Be the expert for your clinical categories & provider operations. Be ready on the network construction, competitive landscape, contract terms (e.g. exclusivity), regulatory mandates & how these aspects impact growth, profitability, & risk for Oscar
- Analyze data & market trends, to inform strategic decisions around network construction & provider contracting
- Manage the contract negotiation & renegotiation process with provider partners to improve Oscars cost position & financial outcomes
- Develop & monitor metrics for your categories & providers to support an understanding of category trends & performance against targets
- Work with partner contacts on insurance operations like claims, utilization management, & network adequacy, driving discussions & looping in Oscar experts
- Partner with other teams such as Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Value Capture, Care Management, Government Affairs, Product, Concierge, & other regional teams
- Help identify implement improvement opportunities to further develop & scale provider partner operations
- A bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience solving problems in the healthcare industry
- Quantitative skills including financial modeling & analysis
- Experience with complex project management
- Experience improving processes & workflows
- Experience negotiating contracts
- Experience in a strategy role (e.g. management consulting)
- SQL experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.