Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can takein joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout your internship period, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, & participate in social & community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate & drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you're up for the challenge, pleaseconsider joining our team.
Insight to the department:
Visa's Digital & Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital & mobile lives. At DDP, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with phone, web & other digital devices wherever you are - remote or proximity payment.
So what are we looking for in a Software Engineering intern (Master Degree)?
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems: 2003, 2008, 2012 & x86 hardware
- Knowledge of UNIX Operating Systems: RedHat 5/6. Solaris 8/10, AIX 6 & the respective hardware.
- Exposure to WebSphere/Tomcat/WebLogic/Web Service
- Knowledge in Mobile Device delivery. E.g. Cloud Services, plugins
- Exposure to Virtualization/Hypervisor: VMware, MS HyperV, Linux KVM
- Fundamental knowledge in information security & hardening
- Fundamental IP network knowledge
- Well-versed in MS Excel & knowing how to use function(s) such as V-Look U
- Master Degree students graduating in Dec 2020or later
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technologyor a related field
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- The ability to take on challenges & address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven & resourceful
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.