Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in preparation of the monthly financial statement close package, & preparation of various financial analysis & management of special projects. You will report to the Senior Accounting Manager, based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting package, & prepare work papers for the monthly/quarterly/annual close cycles
- Support period-end closings by ensuring the accurate & timely completion of closing-related responsibilities, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations & variance analyses
- Assist in improving, developing & documenting accounting policies, procedures & internal controls
- Support information flow between the accounting team, external auditors & other internal & external partners
- Work cross functionally with Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax & various business owners on policies, processes, & help drive key initiatives & improvements
- Provide support for audit requests, system enhancements, & ad-hoc reporting requests
Who you are:
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience; experience with revenue accounting & related balance sheet reconciliations preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to perform functions like V-lookup & Pivot Tables, as well as write more complex formulas
- Analytical thinker, who understands the order-to-cash cycle & is able to question & improve the existing processes & work papers
- Understands US GAAP
- Takes initiative to identify problems & propose solutions
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies that verifies vaccination status within 30 days of hire