Data Transformation Analyst
Who we are:
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in peoples behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a small but rapidly growing organization that works in partnership with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. We work in groups rather than in structured corporate hierarchies; our culture is creative & entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do & are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization.
What we do:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships & sales teams better understand & predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, & the key offers & incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates & a stronger ROI.
What you will do:
In this role, you will become an expert on the entire data flow, directly impacting how the data powers automotiveMastermind & the customers experience. You will troubleshoot technical issues & contribute towards technical processes by writing & reviewing features & sharing your expertise to the product & engineering teams. You will manipulate large sets of data in the production environment, applying your knowledge & expertise of the data flow to guarantee accuracy & integrity with a sense of urgency. You are expected to take ownership of your work, lead multiple projects in parallel, coordinate tasks among team members & take responsibility to escalate according to the SLAs on an ad-hoc basis. To succeed in this position & deliver outstanding quality & expertise you need to:
- Be the resident expert on data transformation, extraction & ingestion
- Resolve complex data transformation related issues under time pressure, providing excellent communication to all internal & external stakeholders
- Query, script & manipulate data within the production environment using common computer languages (SQL, C#, Python)
- Continuously improve internal processes & provide quality assurance of transformed data, working with the quality assurance team if necessary
- Manage time sensitive & complex setup processes of newly subscribed dealership partners
- Take leadership in certain areas of monthly OEM incentive process (up to 15% of monthly work load)
- Work towards the companys vision/mission/goals by spearheading independent projects
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in Business, IT or a related field
- 4+ years' professional experience in a fast-moving company (Prior automotive experience a plus)
- Work experience with data (ingestion, integration, transformation) or in a related field
- Excellent written & verbal skills to higher management & proven presentation skills
- Able to handle multiple projects with the team & independently while managing conflicting deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced SQL & C# knowledge & Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, index/match, pivot tables, etc.)
- You know how to think quickly on your feet & handle ambiguity
- You regularly assess your own performance & adapt your work to achieve better results
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Generally, work is performed Monday through Friday.
We believe in equal employment opportunities:
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
The company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the companys employees to perform their job duties may result in disciplinary actions up to & including discharge.