Account Management, Operations & Strategy
This position will be reporting directly into VP, Sales Operations, Hotels
AM Strategy team is a newly created global team under VP, Sales Operations, Hotels, tasked with providing global oversight, standardization & consistency for more than 60 AMs across ~20 sales pods in 4 verticals: Hotels, OTAs, DMO & Media. This team will be responsible for enabling best practices globally, monitor process to ensure maximum efficiency for the benefit of all sectors.
Someone in this position has to be able to win complete trust & confidence of pod leaders & AMs in the region, internal stakeholders (AdSol, Product, etc.) & sales leadership, & use influence to get things accomplished & move business forward.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitors activities that AMs in all pods are involved in consistently through in-person & group sessions, frequent check ins, being on the ground with AMs & observing their day to day routine
- Recognizes inefficiencies & inconsistencies in the process, identifies different solutions & approaches to address them. Assesses resources & requirements from the system & product sides
- Creates concise & specific proposals for Ops & Sales leadership with specific steps & actions to be put in place
- Identifies consistent drivers/reasons for opportunities we win & lose, shares them within the team, & incorporates this key information into the strategy moving forward.
- Creates qualitative measurements & metrics to asses AM performance/success
- Leads complex multifunctional projects independently, defines goals & objectives, identifies resources, provides updates to the right stakeholders at right moment, solicits feedback, proactively drives the projects all the way to completion
- The projects may be related to efficiency improvements, process refinement or complete redesign, new products or improvements/enhancement rollout, new tools or vendors
- Identifies & shares best practices, winning approaches & test results globally:
- Is involved in any tests in pods, closely works with peers in other regions to gain knowledge of developments globally
- Creatively thinks about application of learning, discovers & tests results, collaborates with peers, identifies best ways to share & spread knowledge
- Works with training team on creating materials & training programs, if needed
- Is a conduit across multiple teams selling & supporting different products:
- Understands/learns how TripAdvisor works, how to navigate key stakeholders, processes, & product sets. Capitalizes on how teams accomplish their best work, supports changes & evolvement, stays current on product, people, & organizational changes, picks things up quickly, & builds upon them.
- Is involved & engaged with product teams for all products, stays on top of new developments & roadmaps, communicates needs for additional training & communicates to pods & AMs
- Collect feedback from the pods, consolidate & provide to product teams, research, teams under CoreX, etc.
- Uses influence to get things accomplished & to move business forward
- Operates autonomously & independently, without specific direction or inertia from other sources to take action on their business. Communicates frequently & effectively with peers globally
- Provides feedback up, down, & across the organization in order to enhance collective performance & outcomes. Makes recommendations & comes up with solutions when providing feedback, where possible.
- Communicates effectively & proactively, & successfully navigates the dance between internal & external expectations
- 8-10 years of experience in a digital sales organization as a sales rep, account manager, or in a supporting operational function
- People management experience is a plus
- Both sales & operational experience is a big advantage
- Operational perspective, process-driven, detailed oriented & highly organized person will be more likely to succeed
- Strong project management skills are required
- Ability to effectively build & maintain relationship & manage stakeholders from different functions & with different levels of seniority is a must
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation & excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing & well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, & energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.