BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
We have an opening for a Senior Accountant, Production in our LA or NY office (a hybrid work environment, working from the office & home). Reporting to our Manager, Production Accounting, you will be responsible for accurate & timely reporting of production spend across our many content groups. In addition, the candidate will assist with some internal controls documentation & audit testing from external auditors, as needed. The candidate will also assist the existing accounting team with various ad-hoc projects as necessary.
As a member of a growing & fast-paced team, you will be an integral part of the Accounting team to support BuzzFeed's advancing business. Process driven, strong communication, strong attention to details & a sense of ownership are necessary for this role.
- Be responsible for processing & managing production spend submissions for accurate cost reporting both domestic & international.
- Manage CASHet card initiations, e-payment tracking, & weekly spend capture within SmartAccounting
- Reconcile monthly international credit card spend & manage receipt submissions within SmartAccounting.
- Reconcile monthly the trial balances & data activity for corporate reporting.
- Liaison with production teams efficiently & with a high level of customer service
- Analyze data, find & correct errors, & ensure all transactions are properly recorded by mastering coding & department procedures for all spend.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Able to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders & external vendors
- Have strong attention to detail while working & analyzing large volume of data
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously & perform tasks with minimal direction & error free
- Continually increase skill set & actively contribute to improvement of processes.
- Assist with quarterly & annual audit requests, such as preparing supporting documentation & schedules while continually support on-going audit efforts & process documentation
- Special ad hoc projects & reports as needed
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-6 years accounting experience, including 1-2 years production accounting experience
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word & G-Suite tools
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Flexible & adaptable based on changing business needs & environment.
- Ability to analyze large volume of data with a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in EP Products (SmartAccounting, SmartStart) preferred
- Proficiency with CASHet preferred
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.