Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
We are looking for a creative & motivated professional with outstanding writing skills to fill the position of manager, public relations & events. The successful candidate will be responsible for increasing our games' notoriety through communications, media relations & events. He or she will work closely with Behaviour Digital's leadership team & report to the senior manager, PR & events.
In collaboration with the senior manager, PR & events, the incumbent will have as main responsibilities:
- Develop public relations plans according to the marketing & production calendar
- Coordinate public relations strategies tied to objectives & budgets
- Write & translate press releases & other documents
- Coordinate with agencies for press relations
- Manage press relations with francophone & Canadian journalists & privileged contacts
- Organize press events
- Receive of journalists
- Prepare the press reviews
- Organize our presence at international events in collaboration with the marketing team
- Search for vendors
- Coordinate with suppliers for kiosks, promotional items, etc.
- Attendance at the kiosk during events
- All other related tasks
- Bachelor's degree in communications or public relations
- Five years of experience in communications or public relations in a company or agency
- Strong interest in video games & the industry
- High level of autonomy & a keen sense of priorities
- Highly developed customer service abilities & ease of adaptation to audiences of various hierarchical levels
- Excellent communication in French & English, both oral & written
- Available for occasional travel