All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of marketers, engineers, designers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
Boxed is seeking a Manager of Customer Retention to join our marketing team, reporting to our Senior Manager of CRM & Retention. Youll know youre the right person for this gig if you have a passion for loyalty & lifecycle marketing, love geeking out when it comes to consumer behavior, & stay up all night obsessing over the latest email & consumer trends.
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for driving customer retention, be data-driven as well as a creative machine. Perhaps as importantly, we want someone who is curious, proactive & will challenge us at every turn, asking tough questions & ensuring that the quality & personalization of our message is never sacrificed. This role will be critical to building upon our current program & initiatives & will help drive improvements across all consumer touchpoints.
- Develop & execute communication strategy to increase Boxed customer retention & increase lifetime value, by engaging customers with personalized, targeted, relevant marketing communications
- Work with stakeholders & the creative team to design & build relevant, fun & engaging lifecycles for customers
- Create email, direct mail, sms & push campaigns to target customers to change user behavior
- Analyze & monitor KPI's including open rates, conversions & lifetime value to continuously optimize campaigns
- Continually challenge the team & present ideas on how to maximize messaging to better engage the customer at key times
- Test, learn & refine all communications to continually optimize results to meet KPIs
- Obsess over staying informed with the industry in everything from deliverability, to send frequency, to subject line best practices & best-in-class creative approaches
- Develop business cases for new initiatives/ projects that support program growth or enhance the customer experience & oversee project through to completion
- Collaborate with customer service team to help resolve customer issues
- Research motivations & understand customer sentiment to inform development of lifecycle campaigns
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field
- 4 years of Loyalty / CRM marketing experience
- 2 years experience in an ecommerce environment
- A solid understanding of email principles including design, build & deliverability
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders from cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically & understand relational data
- Highly organized & detail oriented
- Experience using an email service provider
- Be cool. Culture is very important to us
- Great team player; but you can also ride solo when needed
- Hungry to help get Boxed to the next level
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!