Venn is a new way of neighboring that balances city life with more space for community, personal growth & social involvement. Our platform provides housing, services, shared spaces, workshops & communal activities all connected by our neighborhood app. Through the power of our platform, our members become active creators & participants in their community. When our members experience a positive transformation, the whole community benefits from a genuine, measurable impact.
Our first neighborhood prototype is now live in the Shapira district of south Tel Aviv & the model is expanding to target cities in the US & Europe. As we grow at a rapid speed we are looking for the worlds best & brightest entrepreneurs to join our movement in Tel Aviv, Berlin, & New York. We are well funded with an impressive roster of investors & advisors.
Venn is looking for a Head of Construction for our NY office. Youll be reporting to & working very closely with the Head of Real Estate. This role will allow you to be at the ground level of a company that has big plans. You will have the opportunity to greatly influence & shape the way the real estate organization will operate as we expand to other cities. Youll lead in the process of building a big operation & team from ground up.
- Work closely with our Development, Brand Design/Experience, & Operations teams to bring Venns vision to life in new markets & expand existing locations, including site design & the development of new product offerings
- Build & manage a construction team, based in NYC
- Manage all aspects of the building process for new locations & existing location expansion, ensuring clear timelines are set & build is completed on schedule
- Manage RFPs to generate options for, & select, general contractors and/or subcontractors
- Manage all contractors against set timelines & budget, ensuring all work is delivered as high quality
- Deliver finished units & spaces on time & on budget to allow Marketing & Operations to continue growing
- Work closely with the Experience & Design team to generate new designs & product offerings, & improve existing designs & space
- Secure vendors for finishes (countertops, tile, cabinets, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in construction with at least 7-8 years of overall combined construction & management experience. Past experience managing & developing direct reports
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Thorough knowledge of building processes & procedures, & experience with securing build & related permits
- Track record of managing large & complex construction projects, with proven ability of delivering completed projects on time & safely
- Experience with creating & managing to budgets for each project, as well as the overall department
- Hands on with managing construction contractors & crews onsite
- Proven ability to work through ambiguity & get things done
- Strong project scheduling experience
- You know Brooklyn neighborhoods pretty well, preferably Bushwick to begin with
- Enjoys the fast paced, multi-disciplined nature of construction project management & is looking to grow their construction management experience across multiple projects & neighborhoods
- A problem solver who can deal with ambiguity & complexity
- Need to be able to understand the business needs to connect to the big picture.
- A leader by nature, pragmatic, with a distinguished capability of seeing the big picture
- A history of executing & delivering competing products, while driving & diving deep on challenging features
- You lead, influence, & collaborate well with your peers.
- Accountable, self-motivated, & work autonomously.
- A strategic & innovative thinker, who excels in creating something from nothing
- Not afraid to turn dreams into reality
- Human 2 Human, a natural connector with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Committed to social impact & mission-led enterprise
- Neshama player: team-oriented, trustworthy & down to earth, you bring your heart & soul to the venture & adhere to Venns vision & values
- A ground floor opportunity for entrepreneurs: this is just the beginning
- More than a gig: a global movement shaping the fabric of all neighborhoods
- Real estate + technology: a tangible product that will impact the daily lives of millions
- Purpose-led hypergrowth: universal in nature whilst local in its social impact
- Best network of employees & investors: a chance for mentorship & personal growth
- Fun, inclusive workplaces nested in our neighborhood communities
- Great total rewards: competitive pay, stock options (Series A) with significant upside
Venn is an equal opportunity workplace. We believe in the strength of inclusive communities & thrive to build a work environment that mirrors the diversity of the cities that we love.