What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio. We are always working to build better experiences for our diverse & global audio creators & the listeners that consume their content on our platform.
In this role, you will work in tight partnership with our Product, Marketing, & Business teams to ensure that our users understand the why, what, & when as we roll out new products & features. You will be responsible for developing go-to-market plans, & building out strategies around the best way to educate our users about how to engage with & get value out of our products.
- Define product value propositions & positioning in the context of product strategy & market landscape - developing the understanding of why we are building products & features
- Contribute to competitor analysis, market research, & other research initiatives to inform market positioning
- Lead & own the development & execution of go-to-market strategies around new features & experiences in your vertical
- Develop comprehensive project timelines & deliverable schedules, lead project kickoffs, & regular status meetings
- Analyze product marketing campaign effectiveness, share key learnings & make recommendations about future opportunities
- Build strong & sustainable cross functional relationships across the Business, Product, & Marketing teams
- Inspire & develop our overall customer strategy in partnership with the Product Marketing team, compiling regular reports & presentations, driving go-to-market alignment, & knowing our customer segments inside & out
- Be able to independently run, ad-hoc projects to understand business implications of proposed product & marketing decisions
Who you are:
- Passionate about the future of music
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ years in Product Marketing, Business Strategy, or Consulting, ideally with music experience
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting to executives/senior management & peers
- Excellent business judgment; ability to handle complex situations with clarity & confidence & thorough analysis
- Excellent ability to build relationships & networks with multiple functions, regions, & at all levels of the organization (stakeholder management)
- Adaptability & ability to get things done despite an often-changing market & competitive situation
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, prioritizing & organizing effectively
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.