Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets your smarter, faster with the news that matters.
Why it Matters: Our Front-End Developers are a critical part of our mission to deliver the cleanest, smartest, most efficient & trustworthy content to our users. You will architect & grow our existing front-end code bases, give technical input & feedback to Axios product & design teams for new features, & help develop the skills of less experienced developers with industry best practices around testing, accessibility, & documentation.
Go Deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Help architect & grow Axios existing frontend codebases including Axios.com & Eden, our in-house CMS.
- Write clean, well-documented, & well tested code using best practices for frontend development.
- Collaborate with Axios platform, product, & design teams to ensure we ship the best products possible on time.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team through pair-programming & empathetic code review.
- Keep up to date with industry trends & advise the team on best practices to implement.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit & passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Experience building large, high traffic frontend codebases
- Proven ability to ship high quality, testable, & accessible code quickly
- Experience working with product designers is preferred
- Experience working with back-end teams to integrate APIs is preferred
- Experience working on site page performance & accessibility is preferred
- Experience with SEO is preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- 401K has
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture