As a Senior Ops Manager, you'll set HelloFresh Japan operations from the ground up & be fully accountable for the success of the end-to-end Supply Chain process creation. You will be building & managing a team of 6 Managers (and growing). In close collaboration with the international production, logistics, procurement, & customer care team, you will be responsible for building & continuously sharpening our operational processes, tools, & systems from planning via ordering, shipping to receiving, inventory management, invoice reconciliation, & customer satisfaction.
In this role, you will manage & develop our Japanese team of dedicated supply chain experts who work with internal Hellofresh teams located in our Berlin HQ. The team initiates & leads special supply chain improvement initiatives & supports the implementation of new tools with the Global SCM Tech Team. Additionally the focus will be on improving our operational data governance to facilitate continuous improvement & the use of methods like PDCA, Muda & Six Sigma to improve operational efficiency.
What youll do
- Launch of HelloFresh Japan entity reporting directly to the Managing Director
- An exceptional entrepreneurial mindset & capacity to move fast with uncertainty
- Lead a growing team of 6+ supply chain professionals
- KPI based management of supply chain projects & initiatives with weekly reporting to HelloFresh HQ
- Benchmarking, best practice exchange, & standardization & optimization of supply chain processes
- Manage permanent improvement of systems & tools that will help our procurement, production, logistics & CC teams to manage orders & shipments more efficiently
- Identify, prioritize, structure, & solve an array of other complex supply chain challenges, using analytics, experience & business judgment
- Create a task-force approach & spirit within the operations community to provide execution support to our local teams
- Manage the progress of sustainability reporting & improve our sustainability data tracking infrastructure
What youll bring
- 8+ years of experience in FMCG, automotive or retail supply chain management or as a consultant with a track record in supply chain management
- Exceptional project & people management skills
- Superior analytical skills & proven track record of process management & thinking
- An exceptional academic record with a degree from a top tier college or University
- Solid method competency in lean methods, problem solving techniques & structuring of complex improvement projects
- Six sigma black belt or similar qualification is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to enforce metrics that measure performance, drive efficiency & reduce costs, combined with a hands on mentality
- Openness to work in a young & culturally diverse setup
- Fluent business English & Japanese
What we offer
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- Direct, high impact on our admin setup from day one
- A vibrant, international environment with mission-driven colleagues
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Competitive compensation & plenty of room for personal growth
- Benefit from our selection of employee perks (significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes, development initiatives, high-end tech equipment, free drinks in the office, etc.)
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub, Berlin, weve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice & the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, & Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly & we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets & brand portfolio, but also in new geographies & new brands. Join us & play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart & soul of our diverse, fast-paced & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace & welcome diversity & we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply & will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer everyone is welcome at our table.