CommonBondis buildingavalues-driven, customer-centric financial services company.Our missionis tochangethe way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interestrates,a state-of-the art technology platform, andcaringcustomer service.We also are theonlyfinancial services companywitha 1-for-1 social program:For every loan funded, we fund the education ofa child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. Weare backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great team member.
CommonBond is dedicated to improving the financial lives of our customers by providing the best Student Loan products. CommonBond also has a social mission, partnering with Pencils of Promise to build schools in the third world. Join a team of engineers who are dedicated to an excellent customer experience, world class engineering & a better world.
We are looking for a junior full stack engineer to join our engineering operations team- building & supporting our core products. This person will have the opportunity to impact all levels of our technology development as well as the broader team as we grow. This is an opportunity for an engineer to learn, grow & mature while delivering great features.
- Quickly learn our existing tech stack & services
- Create featuresand provide technical support
- Collaborate in designing, architecting, building, testing, & maintaining world-class web application & data management software
- Develop techniques & analytical procedures to test & monitor user engagement & marketing effect
- Anticipate the user experience & contribute to entire product development process, including spec development & QA
- 0 2 years of experience with Java (springboot)and/orReact/Redux
- Go/Golang or Python experience a plus
- SQL experience a plus (PostgresQL)
- Extract, Transform & Load experience a plus (Python,fivetran, looker)
- Strong theoretical background
- Experience working in database designand development, front-end development, & application-level business logic development
- Passionate about our mission to make students lives easier & disrupt finance in the process
- Ability to work in a complex environment & prioritize among competing demands
- Desire to collaborate with an extraordinary team & to be part of true innovation
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.