Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We are looking for an outstanding DevOps Engineer with the skills to bring new products to market & improve our existing platform & products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world & make business applications better for people.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development & quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy & responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies & approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
Do you believe in infrastructure as code & that repeatable work is something best handed off to your robot underlings? If so, Tradeshift is looking for a DevOps Engineer like you to join us in building our platform of the future.
What a day is like:
You will have the chance to lend your hand to the stability of a mature e-procurement platform used by several leading companies. You will also take part in an exciting project: migrate this solution from an on-premise one towards AWS. Deploying new components & services to production
- Write code that allows migrating the platform towards AWS
- Identifying & removing performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Improving platform security implementations
- Building & implementing improved monitoring dashboards
- Working closely with the rest of engineering to increase reliability & availability
- Improving & enhancing our orchestration tools
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have deep experience working in Linux based environments
- Have experience developing, releasing & iterating on distributed applications
- Have worked or at least heard about Hashicorp technologies - Terraform, Vagrant, Consul, & Vault
- Are experienced with configuration management technologies: Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Are familiar with Docker & Docker orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes & Helm
- Have a deep knowledge about AWS services including but not limited to EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, EBS, SQS, etc.
- Have encountered datastore technologies such as PostgreSQL, Riak, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.
- Know about CI/CD pipeline operation & automation
- Like designing architecture aiming horizontally scalable microservices
- Are familiar with building, deploying & operating distributed SaaS software
Our Bucharest office is full of rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We're a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact & we enjoy the freedom & autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!