At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
As a Senior Product Owner, youll report to the Director of Product, & take complete ownership of critical business KPIs & will be expected to add real value to our end customers & internal stakeholders, in order to allow for faster growth & market expansion. You will be the customer voice of the scrum team & work closely with delivery teams to translate vision & ideas into features, detailed requirements & acceptance criteria. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive & creative leader & a reliable problem-solver. Ability to focus on the highest value initiatives, identify solutions, & make quick decisions are core skill sets to this position.
- Support the creation of the product vision & roadmap, while providing clear direction to a cross-functional, agile team of Engineers, Product Designers, & Technical Program Managers
- Assess & make recommendations on business opportunities for improvement in automation & efficiency of our Operations
- Work closely with senior leaders & our global team, while taking a data-driven approach, to prioritize the product backlog according to the business value & ROI
- Partner with Technical Program Managers to plan product releases
- Research, define & recommend solid specifications of features for new & current products
- Help develop product vision for the Scrum teams.
- Manage & groom the product backlog, create actionable user stories, write & execute acceptance tests while defining acceptance criteria.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings & influence sprint goals & commitments.
- Collect & analyze feedback from internal stakeholders & other teams to shape requirements, features & end products.
- Make creative recommendations to expand the product base & vision.
At a minimum, you have:
- 4+ years of product management experience & experience with Agile framework methodology.
- Track record of creative problem solving & the desire to influence new products.
- You have an innate ability to put yourself in the stakeholders shoes & develop products with their needs in mind.
- Demonstrated experience eliciting feedback from customers & stakeholders through interviews, surveys, testing, & other discovery methods & distilling the results into action items.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams & influencing the organization.
- Experience as a business owner for a broad platform of projects & operating as the go-to resource for the engineering organization, customer support team, & all stakeholders.
- Experience in product lifecycle management.
- Experience managing multiple projects & balancing priorities.
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
When We Return to The Office:
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.