For customers, were an online, members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time & money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout & free returns.
For merchants, were driving ecommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot.
After our recent acquisition of Spring we are growing the team in Krakw & along with people in Chicago, New York & Conshohocke offices, we build great experiences for our customers & our merchants.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
ShopRunner is proud to be committed to Twelve-Factor applications by investing in CI/CD, feature flags, & automated testing.
ABOUT WHAT YOULL DO:
- Building the Product catalog spanning millions of products from 140+ retailers & Search & Browse experience that builds on it to enable high & low intent customers find the products they are interested in.
- Leading the organization to use modern best practices & technologies
- Working closely with designers, product managers, & other engineers
ABOUT WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years experience writing production code for backend and/or web applications
- Expertise either in backend, ideally in Python.
- Frontend expertise in ReactJS or ES6+ is a plus
- Experience increasing page load performance in browsers & optimizing for mobile.
- Backend expertise in JVM based programming languages like Java/Groovy/Kotlin is a plus
- An understanding of database concepts & experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, & extensibility
- Comfort with key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, & distributed applications
- Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology
- Nice to haves: Experience working in AWS, Docker, Terraform