See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Product Manager - Billing Platform (Tax)
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build new tax products that enable internal Twilio customers to collect & remit tax internationally.
This is a new team & a founding role within the new Tax product line within the Billing Platform. We are looking for someone who excels at prioritizing tasks across multiple stakeholders & has the vision to help drive the long term strategy for the Tax product within the Billing Platform. We are looking for someone with a platform mindset who can help build extensible products & provide trusted experiences for our internal & external customers. This role will lead all aspects of product development & day to day product operations for a Billing Platform engineering team.
In this role, youll:
- Partner with internal stakeholders & use data to build a long-term tax product roadmap
- Ruthlessly prioritise features based on value proposition & be able to clearly communicate rationale
- Discover requirements for new features by working with internal & external stakeholders across all levels
- Document requirements in the various formats used as part of the Twilio Way
- Work daily with Engineering & UX to get deliveries & releases over the line
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience as a product manager in a fast paced environment
- Looking for a data nerd - someone who isn't afraid to jump into large datasets to help define success criteria & identify feature gaps
- Strategic thinker who excels at defining the product roadmap & specing out new features/product enhancements
- Someone who thrives working through the hustle n bustle of day to day operations never losing sight of the long term vision
- Great communicator who can find common ground across different types of stakeholders
- Has the technical ability to understand software & recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, & engage with product managers
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience working with tax products / indirect tax implementations
This role will be based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan & for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.