Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs duties associated with the movement of rail cars: operate track switches, couple & uncouple cars, works on freight trains in yard & local operations.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Work various shifts including weekends & holidays.
- Able to lift, push, pull, & carry objects of various weight.
- Able to walk, sit, stand, bend, stoop & climb.
- Distinguish colors & communicate using a radio.
- Speak, read & write English.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- Subject to random alcohol & drug testing pursuant to Federal Railroad Administration Guidelines.
If you are interested in the position, please provide us with your contact information by clicking the APPLY NOW button. You will be notified when Conrail will be taking applications & testing for the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer