Here at Cover, we're reshaping the way that insurance is sold. We're building product to make sure our customers get the most out of the insurance policies they buy. We're proud of our customer-centric focus, & the elegant apps we build to better serve our customers. Cover has significant backing by world-class investors & has offices in both San Francisco & Toronto.
Working in insurance is more interesting than you think. We pride ourselves on making sexy products for a (very) unsexy space - its possible, trust us. Our team is fast moving, humble, & results driven.
We are looking for a UX Designer to work with our Engineering team in Toronto to build out enterprise tools in the insurance space. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, with other tech startups, so you can be a part of a growing industry in the startup space. As a UX Designer, you understand that business needs & usability exists in a delicate balance & you're able to successfully work within those constraints. You'll be working with the team to enhance existing products & help define the roadmap of our insurance platform.
- You'll be the lead designer on a cross-functional agile team that's responsible for our core insurance policy system.
- Be deeply involved in all aspects of product development, from ideation & design with Product & Engineering, to testing & implementation.
- You'll be responsible for writing effective documentation & communication of design, from wireframes, prototypes & user stories across the entire functional team.
- You have extensive experience with interaction design, with emphasis on sketching out solutions, creating prototypes & working through complex workflows.
- You'll work with the team to collect user feedback (with our own insurance agents), validate designs & consistently iterate.
- You have a deep empathy for the user.
What You Bring
- A portfolio demonstrating an understanding of the end-to-end user-centered design process across a range of digital platforms (experience in insurance or financial services is a plus).
- 2+ years of UI, UX and/or product design experience creating impactful & attractive digital applications with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, art direction, interaction design & research)
- Highly proficient with interaction design & experience working through complex workflows.
- Experience with various forms of user research such as surveys, interviews, & usability testing.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, & you thrive on autonomy. You'll take initiative to get the job done.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design to the engineering & product management teams.
- We work with industry-standard tools & software like Sketch, InVision, Principle, & Adobe Creative Suite.
Youre here to work on hard things, learn, grow & challenge your peers
Building a national insurance entity from scratch is something few people can claim to have done - youll be one of them. Were passionate about bringing world-class product & consumer experiences to insurance, & financial services, building fair & sustainable products & delivering lasting value to our customers. Were looking for people who wont settle for less than building category-defining products.
We currently offer the following benefits & will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, & leveraging the very highest quality talent:
- Highly competitive salaries & stock option grants
- Health, dental, for you & your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Catered lunch 4 times a week
- A slew of perks that make your life outside of work easier
We believe in equal opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.