fuboTV is the worlds only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues & teams, plus popular shows, movies & news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC & Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMCand thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's & Chromecast.
Were rapidly growing in employees, subscribers & our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds & traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
fuboTV is seeking a highly-technical Director of Engineering to lead our Video Innovation team. You will be responsible for ensuring technical excellence, career development, & effectiveness of process for the Innovation team. You will conduct R&D on new generation video coding technologies for fubos linear & vod environments. You will work closely with a Product leader, fellow engineering/operations teams, & your direct reports.
As a leader in the Video Innovation team, you will partner with our Video Engineering, Operations & Product teams to ensure that we are meeting our goals as a greater organization. You will serve as a representative of our company with third parties & will coordinate with sibling teams to deliver projects with lots of moving parts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Leader that enjoys staying highly technical while collaborating with others to deliver business-critical results.
This position reports to the VP of Video Engineering.
As a Director on this team, you are required to have the following:
- 5+ years of experience in an R&D like environment, specifically video/streaming related.
- Expert knowledge of video coding standards & related software packages, e.g. H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC
- Expert knowledge of UDP/TCP based video transport protocols, e.g. WebRTC, SRT, Zixi, RTP, RTMP, etc
- Expert knowledge of video packaging standards, e.g. HLS, DASH
- Familiar with programming languages: C, C++, GO. Python is a plus.
- Very strong coding skills & technical knowledge (networking & low level expertise heavily preferred)
- Good technical communication & presentation skills.
- Significant experience delivering complex projects in a high-velocity environment
- Strong mentorship & career development skills for both managers & individual contributors
- Proficiency in communicating complicated, detailed topic with both technical & non-technical audiences
- Adeptness in maintaining relationships & clearly setting expectations with internal teams & vendors
- Attentiveness to trends & best practices in the OTT technology industry, as well as those of highly scalable software systems
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have started or spent time at a startup. Although fuboTV is now a public company, you will have a high-degree of autonomy & will be expected to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Have prior experience operating in a similar role at an OTT or MVPD company
- Hands-on technical expertise. You will not be expected to code on a daily basis, but it is strongly preferred that you are able to act as a backstop if necessary.
- Have a talent for listening for opportunities to help coworkers
- Stay calm & provide leadership under pressure
- A bias for action & a keen sense of opportunity costs
- Passion for low latency streaming video at scale
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company