We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of lifes most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm & marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us & build the nation's largest & most trusted platform for selling real estate!
Who You Are
Youre a writer with a voice & lofty ambitions. Youve crushed deadlines for school papers, bled for each thesis, started a blog or two on the side, & dabble in mixed media arts. You want to break into content marketing, SEO, social media marketing, or digital advertising, grow as a professional writer, & learn how to build websites that actually make money.
- Superb written & oral communication skills.
- A keen ability for story development. You know how to work a premise & craft a hook.
- Tenacious research & interview skills & can teach people things you just learned yourself.
- Unmatched grammar & a hatred for the passive voice.
- A Four-Year College Degree.
What Youll Do Here
You'll create thought provoking & data-driven feature-length articles, guides, ebooks, & an assortment of web copy for homeowners & real estate agents. You will pitch story ideas, do research, & produce at least one byline per week for our blog. Youll play a big part in the promotion, distribution, & social sharing behind the content, & youll pick up skills in HTML, SEO, SEM, PR, & social media marketing along the way.
- Write assigned stories in a timely & professional manner
- Contribute fresh content ideas according to editorial guidelines
- Support editorial staff with story production, formatting & layout
- Assist with social media content scheduling & production
When you apply, please include:
- An introduction on why youd be a great fit for the job (50 words or less).
- Areas of interest (real estate, data, how-to, interior decorating, homes & gardens, etc).
- Writing samples. If you do not provide samples of your writing work, you will not be considered for the role.
Links to any previous work applicable to HomeLight.
- Medical, vision, dental, & paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches & snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, & a reference check. Were excited to get to know you & hope youre ready to give this opportunity everything youve got!