At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks.Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
Account Executives (AE), Business Development Representatives (BDR), Solution Engineers (SE), & Customer Success (CS) - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare & create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community. Austin, TX is an important growth hub for Cloudflare. We are looking for a Head of Austin Sales to help us build our customer facing presence to accelerate growth. The Austin Sales Leader will be responsible for driving Cloudflare's revenue in a matrix reporting structure, but will be the heart & soul of the Austin Sales office empowering all the local teams (AE, BD, SE, CSM).
What youll do
As the Head of North America Enterprise Sales you will lead our Enterprise sales organization reporting directly to the Head of Sales Americas. We are seeking a highly experienced & talented Sales Leader to help us manage & grow the organization with overall responsibility for driving Cloudflare's revenue, hiring & brand awareness while maintaining the Cloudflare Culture. The Head of Enterprise Sales will require both strategic & hands on leadership to continue to build out the go-to-market plan which includes; managing a distributed workforce, scaling hiring, leveraging partners & collaborating with Marketing & Product Management to drive growth in the U.S.
- Drive sales growth through successful leadership, organizational planning, customer service, & outstanding execution of all regional go-to-market programs (sales, customer success, solutions engineering, business development, support & field marketing).
- Continue to grow & build the U.S. Sales team & drive the hiring needs through partnering with global functional leadership & recruiting resources.
- Adopt & influence the companies sales methodology/process & drive best practices on selling, forecasting, & account management.
- Continuously design, build & execute strategies for the U.S. in collaboration with various regional & global functional leaders.
- Represent Cloudflare as the single point of contact for all operational concerns, ensuring proper & timely escalation & resolution.
- Ensure that corporate policy & regulatory initiatives are consistently applied & followed by the sales organization.
- Outstanding leadership - inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead teams, develop talent & effect change. Willing & able to be a doer & influencer.
- Drive business cadence for forecast calls, functional review meetings, deal review, customer account reviews, weekly team meetings & periodic company-wide kick offs.
- Represent Cloudflare as appropriate at external conferences, media & PR events. Maintain relationships with Economic Bureau of Development & other related association.
- Travel within the U.S. will be expected.
Examples of desired skills, knowledge & qualifications
- 15+ years of senior level sales leadership experience, coupled with 10+ years of direct B2B selling experience to large enterprise accounts.
- Experience managing longer, complex sales cycles but driving a quarterly cadence.
- Proven ability to sell solutions to large strategic customers.
- Strong understanding of sales process/methodology, pipeline management, accurate forecasting & delivering results quarterly.
- Individuals that have been promoted to sales leadership within companies is a plus with a proven track record of significant over-quota achievement & demonstrated career stability.
- Experience selling into Financial Services, Media/Publishing & Technology companies.
- Experience in network security, & how the internet works.
- Aptitude for learning technical concepts/terms (technical background in engineering, computer science, or IT is a plus).
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal & written) & organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors.
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree required.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.