What is Slice?
Slice is the only technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to compete with big chains & grow their business. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
As a Senior Designer at Slice, youll help develop, energize, elevate, & continually evolve the Slice brand through thoughtful visual storytelling & performance-driven design. You recognize that being an excellent, organized, efficient designer & possessing advanced technical prowess are table stakes. Beyond those attributes, youre a critical thinker who adds value beyond the literal ask. You see yourself as an equal player in each marketing communication, collaborating closely with copywriting & other disciplines. You show ownership of each design without getting possessive & defend without getting defensive. You understand that the key to great design is great communication & you make it a point to understand consumers & restaurant owners so that your work is compelling, relevant, & meaningful to your audience. You will work closely with a dynamic marketing team & report to the Senior Art Director.
What you'll do:
- Undertake a wide breadth of marketing executions, email design, swag, social media content, restaurant marketing collateral & signage, iconography, event signage, photo editing, one sheeters, animated GIFs, infographics, presentations, & more.
- Translate technical/operational info into visually stimulating communications.
- Own & project manage your campaign deliverables from briefings, creative kick-offs, & initial stakeholder meetings, through full job cycle to final execution, deployment & then on to post project analysis.
- Collaborate with marketing & sales stakeholders to deliver visual solutions that critically impact the growth of our product.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of visual design experience, ideally working with the marketing team of a technology-forward consumer brand or related agency client.
- An impressive portfolio that showcases your design skills & a wide breadth of executions.
- Exceptional design skills including layout, typography, photo retouching, & lightweight illustration.
- Design experience that spans both digital & print, including artwork preparation for print & digital.
- Strong expertise in sourcing & leveraging on-brand original & stock photography for marketing initiatives.
- A deep understanding of how to apply the methodologies of design & research to solve key business problems.
- Comfortable shifting gears quickly & juggling multiple priorities.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign, Acrobat.
- Experience with motion graphics/animation (Adobe Premiere, After Effects) a huge plus.
- Knowledge of Google Docs & Trello a plus.
- Bachelor degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Willing to step outside comfort zone in order to achieve best results for company, the task at hand, & for personal growth.
- A strong commitment to teamwork.
- A positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers & eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization & pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge & cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform & voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, & fill the world with authentic cuisine.When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains & robotic trucks because the quality, variety, & authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient & known worldwide.We believe pizza isnt just food. Its a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.