Director of Analytics
Townsquare Media is seeking a driven, analytical thinker with a strong research background to support our Datasqrd unit, which operates like a startup. Reporting to the VP of Business Intelligence & Revenue Optimization, this role will execute all research requests & delivery of materials to our sales departments (local & national) to increase revenue. We are looking for motivated, scrappy, articulate, & analytical thinkers with a strong research background. The Director of Analytics must have well-rounded knowledge of syndicated research tools (such as MRI, Comscore & Nielsen) as well as Data Management Platforms (Salesforce DMP preferred) & digital research tools (Google Analytics). Additionally, comfort in brand research, persona-building & primary research is important.
- The Director of Analytics is a player/coach role s/he will be completing requests & also training 1-2 Research Analysts to complete them as well
- Utilizing both proprietary & syndicated research tools, synthesize data to deliver clear, concise insights in a polished output for our sales division. Our sales division consists of National & Local Sales teams in Small to Medium sized markets throughout the US.
- Development of audiences & personas in data management platform for both targeting & analysis
- Develop strategies for synthesizing traditional media research data with new digitally driven research data.
- Further develop tools & strategies to increase usage & adoption of research among the sales organization.
- Conceptualize & complete larger scale research projects for the company, our clients & the media industry
- Assist local market personnel with the use of research tools & platforms
- BA/BS degree required
- 6+ years of media & research experience
- Previous management experience preferred
- Hands on experience using audience research tools (e.g. comScore, MRI, Nielsen, Scarborough, Google Analytics, Data Management Platforms like Salesforce DMP).
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects & priorities with ease
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment & digital marketing services company that owns & operates radio, digital & live event properties. The Company specializes in creating & distributing original entertainment, music & lifestyle content. Its assets include 318 radio stations & over 325 local companion websites in65+ small to mid-sized markets, a national portfolio of music & entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, XXL Mag, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, TheFW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush & PopCrush, approximately 550 live music & non-music events annually, andSeize the Deal, an E-commerce business. Additionally, Townsquare also operatesTownsquare Cares, a non-profit organization that seeks to better the lives of troops & their families.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.