The mission of the Finance team is to provide visibility into financial performance & forecasts in order to help the executive team make business decisions based on data. Your mission specifically is to take full responsibility for the delivery of accurate & efficient tracking & reporting of our financials & manage key financial processes. This includes supporting & managing Revenue Recognition, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable & Accounting Standards Compliance processes for the Network Development business. We have Subscription (SaaS) & Services lines of business.
1.) Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, & reporting financial data while managing the supporting tasks of the senior accountant & ensuring compliance with applicable financial accounting & reporting standards
- Manage month-end close of andros books in FinancialForce
- Manage, review & approve all workpapers & journal entries from Senior Accountant
- Track & update revenue recognition, invoices, unbilled AR balances & deferred revenue
- Review financials monthly with Finance team & provide insight & clarity into the detailed financials
- Support the preparation of monthly financial presentations using historical & forecasted financials from operating model & assist in presenting those materials to key stakeholder.
- Identify areas to improve reporting process as the company evolves & work with them to update these processes in a timely manner
- Support the department to provide consistent & accurate reporting to investors on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Take the lead as the knowledge base for Financial Accounting & Reporting, relevant FASBs, & GAAP subject matter
- Become expert in usage of FinancialForce in order to support our accounting, invoicing & revenue recognition needs
2.) You're supporting the company-wide focus on client experience by making sure our billing, invoicing, & collections are accurate & timely
- Provide senior accountant correct & timely information to generate client invoices
- Ensure customers receive correct & timely invoices
- Ensure outstanding invoices are collected in a timely manner, maintaining reasonable levels of AR as agreed-upon with VP of Finance & People Operations, & track open accounts receivable with Days Sales outstanding & Average days delinquent to improve collection efficiency & effectiveness
- Manage AP process from beginning to end, strategically identifying ways to manage cash flow & ensuring we stay in good standing with vendors
- Manage seamless reimbursement process for employees, ensuring correct categorization of expenses & timely approvals & payouts for expenses
- Introduce & Implement cash management measures
3.) Manage Revenue Recognition
- Maintain revenue recognition schedule for current clients
- Advise Finance & Sales team on revenue recognition best practices to ensure we remain in compliance with ASC605 & ACS606
- Facilitate the transition to ASC606
- Own & manage full company audit
4.) Management of Senior Accountant
- Manage daily tasks & monitor quarterly key result performance to ensure supported objectives are on track
- Identify areas for improvement & assist with gaining knowledge of new subjects that support the Finance team
5.) Identify & manage special projects that enhance the operational efficiency of the Finance organization & overall financial performance
- Identify inefficiencies in the Finance organization & address the solution for those issues during the implementation of the combined accounting system.
- Ownership - Owns everything in roles domain & takes responsibility to get results without excuses or blame.
- Attention to detail - Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Flexibility/adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities & conditions. Copes effectively with complexity & change.
- Collaborative / Team Player - Partner cross functionally with internal teams, vendors & executives
- Work ethic - Possesses a strong willingness to work hard & the requisite hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard & consistently delivering excellent work product by required deadlines.
- Works hard & smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability & working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion & commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks & writes clearly & directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea. Happy to embrace the ideas of others if they improve on your own. Understands that clarity is measured at the recipient's ear, not the speakers mouth. Able to understand the underlying question being asked & in the absence of that clear understanding can pursue & efficient line of inquiry to achieve that clarity.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others contributions & support each other & drive everyone forward. #OneTeam