The Director of New Initiatives will work with senior leadership to conceive, evaluate & develop strategic partnership opportunities that create value for Cedar. Our target market includes hospitals, physician groups, laboratory companies, & other healthcare providers. You will primarily be working to build partnerships with payers, integrated delivery network (IDNs), large employers, & other channel partners.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, commercially-oriented, comfortable navigating senior-level relationships within large organizations, & can manage complex projects in collaboration with multiple business functions.
- Identify, develop & maintain relationships with prospective partners
- Manage opportunity funnel & pipeline
- Create compelling business cases for new partnerships, including internal/external presentations & proposals
- Help prepare for, join, & lead external pitches & partnership discussions
- Structure & negotiate transactions with partners, working with senior leadership, & legal/financial teams
- Work collaboratively with Cedars product & engineering teams to evaluate product build requirements
- Help build operational infrastructure necessary to support long-term partnership success
- Represent Cedar in external settings such as conferences, seminars, & networking events
- Pitch in on corporate priorities, such as recruiting, team-building initiatives, etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in business development, corporate development, or consulting/investment banking
- Prior healthcare experience required
- Experience analyzing data, creating business cases & evaluating ROI
- Track record of managing external relationships & partnerships
- Tactical ability to get things done quickly & efficiently
- Ability to clearly & concisely communicate to different types of audiences
- Experience project-managing across functions
- Collaborative team player excited to work on big problems
- Willingness to travel
- Sense of humor & kindness
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart & engaging team working to solve a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments & suggestions
- Transparency across teams & interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch & unlimited healthy snacks
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital & Founders Fund
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing & engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
If creating a better healthcare financial experience excites you, we encourage you to apply.