Help Grow Flexport Warehousing Services
Flexport Warehousing Services is an integral part of Flexport operations & is planning to expand rapidly with several new sites globally to improve end-to-end operational control & provide a superior customer experience. Our aim is to build highly efficient warehouses of the future for freight forwarding.
As a result of our very ambitious growth plans we're looking for a Global Solutions EU Solutions Project Manager to join our growing Warehousing Services Team who will propel us in our next phase of growth. In this new role the EU Solutions Project Manager will drive several projects related to growing our footprint, standardizing our blueprint & also improving day-to-day operational efficiency globally.
- Conduct complex efficiency improvement studies based on volume flows, growth & current processes to determine the optimal operating model, hardware & future processes, safety, compliance & customs standards for our warehouses
- Develop standardized regional KPI dashboard structure for reporting warehousing business insights. Monitor regular progress on KPIs & work locally with warehousing teams on improvements
- Support the regional operations team to onboard new sub-contractors & manage relationships
- Support the regional team to implement warehouse management systems as well as other product releases in our own & sub-contractor facilities
- Maintain & manage regional warehousing SOPs & ensure they are standardized across facilities & sub-contractors
- Conduct research on added service offerings that the warehousing services team can offer & implement projects to enable such offerings
- Conduct network & routing analysis in order to optimize the overall sub-contractor & ground operations network
- Conduct Market research on new trends to build the warehouse of the future
- Prepare documents for internal & external trainings as well as webinars
- Interact with Global Warehouse community to share best practices.
You should have:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, BBA or similar relevant area of study
- 5+ years of prior experience in Supply Chain Consulting or Management Consulting, Network Modeling, Operations Research would be preferred. Interest / Knowledge in Logistics highly preferred
- Experience in project management, managing cross-function & global teams & also large projects with tight deadlines. Ability to add structure to unstructured topics & projects.
- Experience in designing, building complex data models on Excel, developing macros is a must & prior SQL knowledge is highly preferred
- Experience in market research, building reporting tools & dashboards & working on process improvement
- Experience working in the Logistics industry or developing strategy for warehouses would be a plus
- Strategic thinking & ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small; ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Exceptional technical aptitude & strong desire for learning new technologies & solution architectures.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.