Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We are a seeking an executive-level, Head of Organizer Success, who will be responsible for defining the vision, strategy & execution for organizer retention & pricing across Meetup. This is a big role that will be directing the priorities of over 30 individuals across product, design, engineering, strategy, analysis, & client services. Were looking for a customer-focused, data-driven, business, product & marketing leader (and in that order) who wants to define & drive the future of Meetup by dramatically increasing the success of our more than 200k paying organizers in order to drive serious revenue growth in our subscription business.
Organizers are the lifeblood of Meetup. They are the ones who carry out the Meetup mission & change lives on a daily basis. As Head of Organizer Success, you will play a pivotal role in creating a world-class experience for them one that increases organizers satisfaction & keeps them as a paying customer on Meetup longer. Increasing retention & better aligning our pricing with the value that organizers are creating & receiving are top priorities for 2019, & both will be owned by you. We can only build a great business if we are driving significant value to our customers, so youll be critical to revenue growth for the company.
This role will direct multiple product teams (product, design & engineering). It will oversee strategy as well as analysts, & it will have meaningful autonomy in figuring out the how in driving success. Building a successful partnership with senior business, design, engineering & marketing leaders is a critical part of this job. You'll need to be a great communicator & collaborator, in addition to a great leader of people & projects.
What youll do:
- Lay out a vision for what a successful organizer looks like on Meetup, & how we create more of them
- Work closely with our highly talented data science team to develop a deep understanding of what drives retention through data analysis, & use that analysis to quickly test & learn about new growth drivers
- Develop a pricing strategy that can be quickly, & iteratively, tested
- Test new approaches to organizers by focusing on 2-3 specific verticals. This may include building an entirely new strategic & operational approach to our tech vertical, hiking, language, etc.
- Create & execute a roadmap that meaningfully reduces organizer churn
- Establish KPIs, assess performance & constantly identify improvement opportunities.
- Build a marketing plan to drive retention
- Drive a customer-centric perspective throughout the organization
- Drive the prioritization while also working collaboratively with key stakeholders across design, product, engineering & marketing to identify opportunities to drive organizer success
You're our ideal teammate if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience working at a consumer tech or e-commerce company
- Deeply understand the dynamics of a two-sided marketplace & have experience driving a pricing strategy
- Are intensely analytical, data-driven & focused on driving revenue
- Have worked on successful iOS & Android apps & always think first about mobile
- Are known for building, leading & inspiring awesome teams
- Are obsessed with measuring the impact of everything that is tested & shipped
- Collaborate successfully with other senior leaders, especially from design & engineering
- Think strategically but you're also willing to get your hands dirty
- Are a creative thinker who brings forward innovative ideas
- Have a passion for bringing people together, creating community and changing lives
This is an exciting time to join as a Meetup executive. After 16 years of leadership by our Founder, we recently welcomed a new CEO to the company. We are now going through the process of re-evaluating our priorities & business model as we shift from a subscription business to a two-sided marketplace. Executives who join will be part of this highly dynamic strategy process that will impact our future for years to come. We are also a year into being acquired by WeWork, an amazing partner who continues to significantly invest in our growth.
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. We were recently acquired by WeWork, & the company is investing significantly in our growth. You in?