Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp is the worlds most trusted Employee Experience platform. Our mission is to create a better world of work for 100 million people by helping companies put their people & culture first.
We do this by bringing together pioneering people science & powerful technology. Over 3000 companies like Airbnb, Slack, & the BBC trust Culture Amp to collect, understand & connect data throughout the employee experience. The insights help them truly understand their people & guide them on the best actions to drive positive behaviour change & lasting impact. We live in a world where the ability to understand & influence culture at scale is no longer a nice-to-have but a necessary-to-survive.
Join us in making the world better, by making a better world of work.
How you can help make a better world of work
We are on a journey of breaking up our monoliths & embracing a distributed services architecture. Our Platform Camp is pioneering this journey, with the support of our Engineering Foundations team. We have a huge opportunity to lay a solid foundation for the next generation of our architecture. Quality automation is at the heart of this, & we are looking for a Principal Quality Automation Engineer to strategically lead us through this journey.
Our tech stack includes React, Ruby, Kotlin, & Go, with our infrastructure running on AWS. Our automated testing is currently powered by technologies including Jest, RSpec, Cypress, Locust, Flood.io, & Playwright. We have full CI/CD, deploy many times per day, & embrace the SRE model for reliability including SLIs & SLOs.
If you are passionate about making a difference & helping us all evolve the quality of our engineering & our automated testing approaches, wed love to connect with you.
As part of our Engineering Foundations team,
- Lead establishment of a detailed roadmap for test automation in Culture Amp, covering all aspects of the testing pyramid, our emerging distributed architecture, & the roles, responsibilities, technology, process, & approach.
- Lead implementation of the framework that is empowering all teams to be writing high-value automated performance, load, reliability, & integration tests.
- Train the quality practice & the Engineering group in the skills needed for high-value automated testing.
- Deep practical experience & technical expertise in automated testing techniques & frameworks across the whole testing pyramid, as well as software delivery in general. This includes load testing & failure/reliability testing.
- People-focused coaching, training, & leadership skills. Ability to empower, influence, & work with others.
- Understanding of both coding & software design principles, when & where to properly use abstractions, how to build maintainable test suites.
- Able to collaborate with non-technical stakeholders & ensure test suites are focused on the most important business value & risk reduction.
- Able to be very hands on & personally build both tests & test frameworks when needed.
- Pragmatic & are able to operate within practical constraints.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women & other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat & see if you could be a great fit.
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We consider ourselves anything but average & strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work & have fun doing it. So we have created 4 not your average values that we live by, take a read, & if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for company results, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, & endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here - https://www.cultureamp.com/antiracism/.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in & out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - its important to us that everyone is an owner & can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave & in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, lets make work, work for you
- Fun & inclusive digital, & (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in peoples lives.