Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for an experienced Buyer or Product Manager to lead the soft goods for Casper, with responsibility for the entire product line, from conception to performance in market. Our ideal candidate will have experience in soft goods & an exceptional taste level to create products that outfit & enhance the internets favorite sleep product.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Own Soft Goods line, including sheeting, blankets, quilts, dec home & other key lines including product selection, development, & go-to-market strategy
- Set & achieve key category metrics
- Write, socialize, & evolve category strategies to optimize top line growth, profitability, & brand progression & growth
- Write, present, & evolve product briefs for category
- Own launch cadence & coordination for category in collaboration with launch program manager, marketing & channels
- Direct product development & selection efforts for each product line. Collaborate closely with the product development team to find products, determine best pricing & delivery dates. This role will collaborate with design & development teams tboth internal & external to Casper, & will own the product strategy for soft goods lines at Casper. This will include traveling to markets to select product & working directly with vendors.
- Report out on & react to category selling across channels
- Drive business, collaborating cross-functionally to ensure buy-in & appropriate execution.
Our dream candidate...
- 4-6 years of ecommerce, corporate retail, or management consulting experience preferred. Soft goods or home goods experience required.
- A natural product person with a strong eye for product & great taste level.
- Articulate & persuasive communication skills, both written & verbal
- Cross functional team player who
- Analytical skills that allow developing high IMU products with clarity of channel opportunity
- An ability to hit the ground running a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter. Able to manage & prioritize projects, & to delegate tasks appropriately.
- Innovative problem-solver dissect & determine root causes of problems, & implement solutions. Has a track record of taking on big challenges & delivering despite obstacles & limited resources.
The syrup on your waffles...
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!