Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US & we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Accounting Team at CarGurus is looking to hire an Accounting Co-Op to join our team! You will gain accounting & financial reporting experience in a fast-growing public software company.
This is a full-time, paid, Fall 2022 Co-op position. Only students currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program will be considered. Must be eligible to work 40 hours a week from July 2022 - December 2022.
What Youll Do:
- Perform monthly & quarterly accounting close activities, such as preparing journal entries & balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the tie-out of quarterly financial statements
- Gain an understanding of end-to-end business processes
- Monitor & test SOX controls
- Shadow various team members who have experience in different accounting roles (i.e. accounting close, financial reporting, SOX, revenue)
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
Who You Are:
- Pursuing a Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Accounting
- Aspiring to obtain CPA license
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills & motivation to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Currently, CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces on a voluntary basis. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 60% of the time later this year (specific date TBD). In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada & the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA & London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.