Squarespace is looking for a Android Team Lead. You will join our small, collaborative team responsible for the end-to-end development of our Unfold Android applications & the long-term vision of Unfold on mobile devices. You will report to our Engineering Manager in Dublin, Ireland.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Prototype new app & feature ideas & explore new technologies that are at the front of mobile technology
- Design new features, create UI, debugging, data modeling
- Collaborate across departments with team members representing product, design, web development, & server-side engineering
- Maintain apps, listen to community & fix issues that arise
- Mentor software engineers at varying levels of experience
- Support the team in achieving team goals
- Perform team management tasks including, regular 1:1s & career development & feedback with your team
- 5+ years of experience in Android development
- Expertise in Git, Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, & API design
- Experience with interactive application development paradigms, memory management, network programming, & concurrency
- Experience with RxJava or other reactive programming styles, MVVM, Dependency Injection
- Have published one or more applications in the Google Play Store or other marketplaces
- Experience mentoring other engineers, & the desire to lead
- Passion for quality engineering, developing testable code
Unfold helps anyone create beautiful stories for social platforms like Instagram, Facebook & Snapchat. Users can choose from a series of template collections like Film Frames, Ripped Paper & more. Used by influencers like Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez, & Miley Cyrus, & brands like Apple, Forbes, & Prada, Unfold has over 26 million users who have created over 700 million stories. Unfold has joined the Squarespace family & is headquartered in New York City.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.